Friday, February 03, 2006

Of Cooling Racks and Addictions


Okay, I'm back. Anyone miss me?

I noticed something recently. I'm addicted to cooling racks! No, wait, that's not it. Those were two separate topics. Ok, got it.

You know those cooling racks that you put cookies on when they're just out of the oven? Well, tonight I was doing the dishes, and as I did each dish I would rinse it off under hot running water. My wife has trained me well. So I finished washing the cooling rack and I started trying to rinse it off. What a useless gesture! I'm waving this thing around under the tap, and all I can think is, "Boy, this is about as pointless as trying to nail down water!" So I stopped.

The other thing that I've come to realise, however, is that I'm addicted to being a dad. I love having a kid! I can't get enough of him - almost everything he does makes me laugh. Even when he's getting in trouble I find him adorable. Kind of destroys the tough guy image I've built up over the years, hey? The other night, after he'd been asleep for a couple of hours, I went in to cover him up as we went to bed. He woke up (which was kind of unusual) and tried to stand up in this kind of drunken stupor. When he finally did get to his feet, he started lunging at the blanket and laughing. Every time I moved it, he would jump at it and laugh (I should note that he didn't stay on his feet long). I finally got the blankets straightened out and laid him down and covered him up. He grinned up at me and went to sleep, just like that. Unreal how they can wriggle so deep into your emotions.

So there you go, another post. That means what, another 2 months before I have to post again? Okay, I should be quicker than that. Maybe tomorrow. I don't know - we're going to see Jeff play soccer in Edmonton, then I've got a youth event in the evening. May not have time.

3 Comments:

Blogger Papa Scott said...

Now I miss jason and he is only 14 feet away!

11:27 PM, February 03, 2006

 
Blogger Pants since 1986 said...

Who are you and what have you done with my brother? Wait, let me see your forehead. Yup, it's definitely you. Heh. Um, so, yeah. Cooling racks for children, gotcha. Ciao

11:29 PM, February 03, 2006

 
Blogger something witty said...

Kind of destroys the tough guy image I've built up over the years, hey?

yup


i was in edmonton and you dident come see me

any of chrises youth want to see pics of him doing dumb and embarising things? i got them

just post a coment here saying you want to see them and i will show you

11:51 AM, February 04, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home