Thursday, May 24, 2007

Of toilets and Men

The following is from a Maclean's article by Scott Feschuk (May 28, 2007 issue), about luxury toilets produced in Japan.

"The Japan Warm Water Bidet Council (slogan: We Can't Believe We Exist Either!) says it has received 105 reports of toilets flaming or smoking since 1984, usually on account of faulty wiring. In a curious coincidence, the Japan Council for the Screaming of "Holy Crap My Ass Is On Fire!" has also received 105 reports since 1984, usually on account of an ass being on fire."

I laughed so hard that Terra actually had to pause the finale of American Idol to figure out what I was laughing about.

As to the other topic, I have just finished a book called "Why Men Hate Going to Church." It was a very interesting book, and a lot of it resonated with me (and is backed up by the kids in my youth group). A lot of it had to do with songs and sermons being aimed at women (unintentionally, perhaps, but true), as well as needing things like more humour (see the above article) and more challenges, as opposed to focusing on relationships. It was a very interesting read. Guys, do you hate going to church (or some aspects of it?) Obviously, as a pastor I don't hate it, but I can definitely see why other guys might not enjoy it. It gave me a lot to think on, especially as I think about leading these youth of mine into outreach....

1 Comments:

Blogger Pants since 1986 said...

i think that is a fair enough assessment...i'm a modern (po-mo?) enough guy that dealing with relationships isn't a huge issue, but it can be tedious at times only dealing with that. Also, flaming toilets would be a good name for a rock band.

3:40 PM, May 24, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home