Thursday, December 20, 2007

I killed Bambi!

Okay, this post is just to get some of you off my back for a while. Maybe then I can get some work done! :) (Boy how I wish I had high speed at home. I pretty just avoid the internet at home cuz I can hardly do anything, and then I feel guilty for checking blogs at work. It's sort of a catch 22).

Yes, I went hunting. Killed one buck (I'll try to scan and post the pictures someday), and missed a doe almost point-blank. That was kind of frustrating, since I had really been praying for a second deer (the meat really helps!) God must have wanted to get the point across that He was providing, though. After missing the second deer (which I still can't believe), someone gave me a deer that they had shot and didn't need the meat for. So I got my deer after all. God is good.

The only near mistake that I made was that I almost told my wife that I was "going to go bang Bambi." Then I thought about what that actually sounded like and decided to change my wording a bit. Good call on my part.

3 Comments:

Blogger Papa Scott said...

GO...
TO...
WORK....


Wait for it.....



EARLIER!!!!!!!

6:56 PM, December 20, 2007

 
Blogger Pants since 1986 said...

good call on the Bambi quote. And you didn't actually get Bambi. Sure you killed his dad and almost got his mom, but he's fine. Somewhere. Without a father.

8:25 AM, December 21, 2007

 
Blogger Monty P said...

My wife is pregnant and routinely exhausted, so I get up early, take care of the kids, and let her sleep as long as possible. That would be the big kink in going to work early.

Short answer, I'll just try to do better keeping up on the blogs.

9:39 AM, December 21, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home