Thursday, March 16, 2006

Going to Mexico?

Well, our youth group is officially looking into the possibility of going to Mexico for a Missions trip. And I'm excited. I find myself thinking about Mexico a lot (long before this trip was planned). I often wonder if God is calling me back there, or if I'm just missing it because it was such a good time in my life. I know that when I lived down there, there were many times that I felt way out of my comfort zone, and struggled with different aspects of the culture and the things I was doing. But at the same time I really enjoyed it. So the question becomes, am I romanticizing my time down there, remembering it as better than it really was, or is God actually possibly calling me back there some day. I don't have a clue at this point. All I know is that I'm really stoked about the possibility of getting to go back for a while. Now I just have to wait a year. Sigh.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pants since 1986 said...

that sounds pretty sweet. i still say 'vamanose' (pardon the bad spelling) when it's time to leave...actually, i use it as the verb 'leave' sometimes ("let's vamanose" (mi chachos)). hope that works out for ya, and for the youth. it'll change their lives

11:40 AM, March 18, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home