Friday, December 21, 2007

The Weight of Glory

Wow. I just read the article by that name (by C.S. Lewis). What an incredible picture of God's glory. It is the first of a book of compilations of short essays by Lewis, and I can see why the compiler states, "The addresses [essays] are arranged chronologically except for..."The Weight of Glory" which is so magnificent that not only do I dare to consider it worthy of a place with some of the Church Fathers, but I fear I should be hanged by Lewis's admirers if it were not given primacy of place."

I agree. It's short, it's written simply and yet profoundly (okay, so Lewis uses a few big words and weighty phrases), and it carries one into a deep awe of the glory that awaits us some day. It never ceases to amaze me how God spoke through C.S. Lewis so powerfully. I highly recommend that everyone seek out a copy of this essay and take the time to read it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pants since 1986 said...

C.S. Lewis was good for that sort of thing. It is funny to read your post about Lewis' picture of God's Glory, and then to let my eye travel down and the next thing I see is "I killed Bambi!" I'm getting mixed messages here.

8:16 AM, December 24, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home