Friday, January 09, 2009

Why, oh why?

Why does life work in fits and spurts? This week has been incredibly, ridiculously busy. I shouldn't even be writing on here (but I am anyway). And next week looks absolutely lazy. Sometimes it would be nice if it was just all fairly steady - not too busy, not too quiet. I guess this adds some excitement and adrenaline to things, though.

This week I've been working through a devotional booklet, and it's been focusing a lot on how we encourage and praise the people around us, building them up, appreciating them and loving them in that way. It's not an unusual topic, but I've found it's been kind of neat to think about it continually, every day in the week, and just drive the point home. It becomes more than just a quick thought that way, but really something that can be dwelt on. Who is there in your life that you really need to encourage and affirm?

Nobody commented last week. Feeling kind of rejected. :D

3 Comments:

Blogger Pants since 1986 said...

I may not have commented, but I checked it every day. Feel encouraged and loved by that :D
Also, gerve.

8:33 PM, January 10, 2009

 
Blogger Pants since 1986 said...

Right now at work (the paint store) it is so incredibly slow. We sometimes go an hour or more without a customer. We have spent the past few weeks painting things in the store, including the floor. Technically, we are overstaffed. But come the summer, we will be very busy (so I've been told) and will need every person we have working. I agree with you, it would be nicer if it was just steady the whole year, not too busy, but not too slow either.

9:58 PM, January 11, 2009

 
Blogger Papa Scott said...

I am starting my job at the start of the busiest time of the year.
They want to train me but every second that I am being trained means that someone else wants to throw me through a wall because they are to busy to be traiing me.
I end up saying yes maam a lot just to keep the evil gleams down to a minimum.

Actually it was really fun today and the lady training me was quite funny.

My check word is 'inseste'. I hope it doesn't mean anything!

10:08 PM, January 12, 2009

 

Post a Comment

<< Home