Wednesday, June 17, 2009

It's a bird! It's a plane! It's...a fly?!?

Why is it, sitting here in my office, that every fly that comes in is roughly the size of a jumbo jet? I'm sitting here trying to do work, but every few minutes (or so it seems) a new fly comes in, crashing at my window, threatening to blow out the panes of glass. The only good thing is that they're really easy to target, even if you do need large game ammunition to bring them down. The back of my "Global Focus Minutes" binder is starting to look like it's got a disease with all the spots on it. I'm running out of kleenex after cleaning them up. Fortunately, they are not all wasted. After killing the last fly in an epic battle, I was able to use the kleenex twice. First for the fly, and then (no, not blowing my nose! Sorry to disappoint!) for the spider that was eyeing me maliciously from it's perch at the base of my chair. I think it was plotting a dash up my leg. Not sure which was bigger - the fly or the spider. Fortunately, what makes a huge fly is only a relatively small spider. Nothing compared to the ones I've seen in Mexico and Costa Rica, where they're big enough to see them licking their lips as they look at you.

Sigh. Maybe I should get back to work.