Wednesday, February 18, 2009

We're Moving, Baby!

For the record, I got Terra flowers. And she liked them. I guess it doesn't matter if it seems cliche-ish if it's still appreciated.

So we just finished out annual meeting last night, and approved the purchase of the Baptist Church building here in town. So someday sooner or later, we'll be moving. Now we just have to figure out all the details. As it stands, we're expecting possession on May 1. I assume our offices will move over there fairly quickly, but beyond that, I'm not sure. It's technically too small for our present congregation, so we have to build an addition. The question is, do we keep our services at our present location until then, or do we find some sort of creative way to move into the building? There have been some fun ideas proposed for either option, so we'll see what happens. And how quickly the money comes in. Now things get really interesting.

4 Comments:

Blogger Pants since 1986 said...

I thought you personally were moving and was about to call you to ask wtf. Good luck with the new church!

7:46 PM, February 18, 2009

 
Blogger Monty P said...

Yeah, I thought some might take it that way. But I figured, meh. They'll read it and figure it out.

I assume wtf stands for "whatever". Right? That's what one of my youth asked me one time. I didn't correct her. I'll take yours to mean the less offensive, "What the flip?!?"

12:15 PM, February 19, 2009

 
Blogger something witty said...

actually it meens biblestudy

5:51 PM, February 21, 2009

 
Blogger Papa Scott said...

That was a great WTF I was at last week!

(Where was the baby before it was born?)
inderma

9:17 AM, February 22, 2009

 

Post a Comment

<< Home